Unlimited Classes and Custom Programming
We are fully committed to helping you achieve and surpass your fitness and strength goals. We will teach you how to push your limits further than you’ve gone before.
Our Semi-Private Group Training Programs provide you with individualized programming no matter who’s in your group. We limit our classes to eight members per class to allow our coach to give you personalized feedback. Sign up for three to six classes per week, depending on your program.
At the beginning of each program, we will discuss proper technique, specific goals, how to mobilize and properly warm up and cool down. In the next few weeks, you will be guided through your individualized strength program and shown how to document your progress. At the end of the program, you’ll have a chance to test your progress, comparing your initial results to your Current improved results.
Youth (8-17yrs) Classes
See FAQs Below
Youth (8-17yrs) Classes
See FAQs Below
- Over 40 classes a week to choose from
- Instruction from USAPL, USPA, USAW, and/or CSCS Certified Coaches
- Small group private classes to provide quality coaching
- Training and programming to prep you for your Meet Day
- Top-of-the-line mobile app to record your workouts and track your progress
- Online customized coaching, if you can’t make it to class, we’ll customize it for wherever you are
- Mobile app to easily book your classes that fit your busy lifestyle
- Entry fee discounts for our Meets and Events
- Discounts on our supplements and products
Benefits to Strength Training
- Increases muscular strength
- Increases strength of tendons and ligaments
- Potentially improves flexibility (range of motion of joints)
- Reduces body fat and increases lean body mass (muscle mass)
- Burn calories more efficiently because they body continues to burn calories at an increased rate following a strength training session
- Potentially decreases resting systolic and diastolic blood pressure
- Positive changes in blood cholesterol
- Improves glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity
- Improves strength, balance, and functional ability in older adults with leads to longer lifespan
- Improves energy levels
- Improves mood by releasing endorphins
We are fully committed to helping you achieve and surpass your fitness goals. We will teach you how to push your limits further than you’ve gone before. We take our training seriously and expect the same from those around us. We will push you towards being the fittest, most capable person you can be. Although we train hard, we value finding a balance with a fun, community-based atmosphere, where you’ll get in the best shape of your life and make friends doing so. Here, you won’t be just another anonymous statistic but an integral part of a vibrant group of diverse yet like-minded individuals. If you’re ready to get in the best shape of your life, Validus Elite Training Centers’ staff and members will welcome you like family.
I've never lifted weights before. will someone show me how to lift properly before I start training with a barbell?
Yes, of course! Our coaches review technique in detail and check your form before we give you any weights. When you and your coach feel you are ready and comfortable to add weights, we’ll make sure you’re still maintaining proper form.
Can I take Weightlifting and Powerlifting classes at the same time?
We encourage new members to pick to one or the other for at least a few months to build technique and understand the lifts. If you decide to switch after that, no problem. But we do not recommend alternating between both.
Is each class limited to 60 minutes?
No. Depending on your program and experience level, your workout can last anywhere from 45 minutes up to 3 hours.
I'm still a little nervous. If I'm in a class with 3 other members, will the coach still watch me?
For sure. We’ll make sure you won’t get hurt. We are always watching, other members will watch you too and help, if needed. We are a team!
Are we all doing the same workout at the same time in each class?
Nope. If it was set up that way, then it wouldn’t be customized. It would also be too challenging to have one lifter who squats 500lbs finish simultaneously as another squats 100lbs. The time it would take for the warm-ups sets and rest time between sets would vary so drastically between members. Workouts are adjusted accordingly to the time needed for each exercise and each member.
How many times a week can I train?
It depends on your program. Most of our competitors train 4 to 6 times a week. If you are a beginner, we’d recommend 2-3 times a week until your body adapts. As you feel more comfortable and when you’re ready, you can train 3-5x a week.
Do I need to bring anything or buy anything?
Bring a water bottle and a towel for your workouts. If you are interested in competing in the future, lifting shoes, knee sleeves, a belt, and wrist wraps are great, but are not mandatory.
Validus Open VI
Come watch over 50 lifters as they either compete for the very first time, attempt to hit PRs, or planning to qualify for nationals! You don’t want to miss this event!
Saturday, Apr. 8th
8199 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., Ste. B
San Diego, CA 92111
By Appointment Only
Try a FREE Class!
Book your consultation today and get one free class!